- The Hub Of All Things is definitely something to keep your eye on. I probably would not do it justice here, so just click the link. There will still be a roach problem festering in storage B when you get back.
- Procurement really needs to become collaborators and recognize the potential for co-creating value with suppliers if we are to grow our role within the business. Too often, the old-school suspicion of anything new (person, idea etc.) holds us back.
- Check out this interview with Francesca Gino – author of Sidetracked: Why Our Decisions Get Derailed, and How We Can Stick to the Plan. She has done lots of good primary research on decision-making and where we go wrong. I have personally witnessed sub-optimal decisions made because one party knows that the other party (normally the less intelligent or less informed) will become angry if the decision is not what he/she wants.
- Cyprus…wow…what can you even really say? Since the trouble with banks has been brewing for years (according to this WSJ article by Charles Forelle, Matina Stevis, and David Enrich), we have to wonder why it had to come to this point. Increasing taxes would make people grumble, but taking a 10-12% chunk all at once is about as psychologically damaging as you can get. The only worse way to handle it is to force people to withdraw cash then grab it out of their hands. I’ve spoken to two Cypriots, and they are not happy. I’m guessing the other 80% of the population isn’t either.
- WATCH: Cyprus President Explains Why It’s OK To Steal (dailybail.com)
- The power of ‘thanks’ (news.harvard.edu)
- Media Digest (3/22/2013) Reuters, WSJ, NYT, FT, Bloomberg (247wallst.com)
- Sidetracked: Why Our Decisions Get Derailed… (800ceoread.com)
- 4 Steps to Turning Big Data into Business Impact (forbes.com)
- Top News: Eurozone crisis live: Spanish jobless total hits five million; Cyprus bailout talks resume (guardian.co.uk)