The article discusses how (American) football could disappear. It engages in a ton of speculation, and is not necessarily likely to occur, but their reasoning is fairly solid. Definitely worth a read.
The best thing about the article is that it challenges us to get beyond the status quo bias – i.e. what is, is what always will be.
- How professional football might end (sooner than you think) (kottke.org)
- Will Tort Lawsuits be the Downfall of the NFL? (volokh.com)
- It Happened to Better Sports: (brothersjuddblog.com)
- This is a Problem! (theconcussionblog.com)
- Tyler Cowen on my Corporate Governance After the Financial Crisis (professorbainbridge.com)