At the risk of turning this blog into an ad campaign for Apple, I pass along the news that Cookie’s boys may be building a television. How they guard secrets like this better than the MI5, I’d love to know.
Nick Bilton of the New York Times has a professional version of this story for you here.
They are planning to ditch the remote control, which, if you have ever tried to turn on a television in a Swiss or English hotel, you’ll be thankful for.
The idea is that they will use Siri – the voice recognition system – as a substitute. In theory, this idea sounds great. In practical terms, I can see myself going insane as my shiny new (English) television fails to recognize words like Steelers, soccer, and Lebowski.
- Yes, Apple’s Building A TV – And It Will Be Powered By Siri, Voice Activation (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Yes, Apple’s Building A TV — And It Will Be Powered By Siri (businessinsider.com)
- NYT claims Apple working on an HDTV with Siri functionality (edibleapple.com)
- Apple will need more than Siri to make its TV plans succeed (venturebeat.com)
- The Future of Television: Kinect vs. Siri? (techland.time.com)