According to Yahoo finance, Google is considering a bid for Yahoo. I have read a few analyses, and there doesn’t seem to be a good reason why Google would want to do this.
I was almost won-over by the idea that Google wants to reduce competition. Thanks WSJ. But then I thought, what competition?
The conclusion here is simple. Google is bored. And they don’t like the financial press writing a story about a potential big deal without being mentioned.
- Google reportedly considering a bid to buy Yahoo (100gf.wordpress.com)
- Report: Google mulling role in possible Yahoo bid (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Google trying to buy Yahoo (dgui.wordpress.com)
- Report: Google mulling role in possible Yahoo bid (sfgate.com)
- Google may play role in possible Yahoo sale (oregonlive.com)