I’m not a big fan of looking to heroes to try to copy their blueprint for success. They already blazed that path, so we need to choose another.
Apart from the title then, Nilofer Merchant has produced a solid post. Check it out here. She discusses all the steps businesspeople need to take in order to grow their business. Chief among them (for me anyway) is unlearning what they’ve learned in the past. The second-best takeaway is the need for experimentation and failure along the way – with the key point being that you can’t analyze your way to growth.
Take a moment to check out the post, and let me know what you think in the comments section.
- Book Review of “The New How” (Business Strategy Book) (steveshu.typepad.com)
- What are the qualities of Steve Jobs (wiki.answers.com)
- Normalcy is a Unicorn (e1evation.com)
- What Steve Jobs Taught Me About Growth (blogs.hbr.org)
- Steve Jobs: Book of Apple Founder’s Words Rushed Into Print (abcnews.go.com)