We are Gladwell fans here at TPS report central. However, we suspect that the “psychic benefits” that he talks about here are just another way in which old guard economists are trying to save the theory of the rational economic man – of course without actually doing the research.
In fact, while writing that, it occurred to me that the entire article is based upon what a “rational” actor should do.
And the only completely rational people alive have prefrontal cortex damage.
- Even If NBA Teams Are Rich Men’s Toys, Profitability Is A Reasonable Aim (sbnation.com)
- Psychic Benefits of Sports Ownership (michaelheiser.wordpress.com)
- 12 Mind-Blowing Concepts From Malcolm Gladwell’s Bestsellers (businessinsider.com)
- Malcolm Gladwell: spaghetti sauce and choice (intractiv.wordpress.com)
- Outliers: Malcolm Gladwell’s Success Story (time.com)